Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Mosque at Ground zero?

  1. #31
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    The terrorists were all men too? So should be not allow males to put up anything either? People need to stop comparing these people to the terrorists, they have nothing to do with them, this wasn't done as a slap in the face. The people need to direct their anger towards to right people.

    And they also have those same rights to build it a ground zero, two blocks away from the Towers.

    My country has come a long way, but these kinds of stories make me ashamed. It's like there's still the same amount of hate, it's just spread out a lot further and not one one or two particular groups anymore. Ashamed.
    They might have the same rights to build it where they want it. You are right. But that doesn't make it a good idea.

    It's not so much the mosque thing. It's more about how they are proposing to build it on Ground Zero. The towers were attacked by Fundamentalist Muslims. They may have been radicals but they were still Muslims. The fact that they were Muslims is going to stick in the heads of the victims' families and survivors of the attacks.

    It's not a good idea to build a mosque on a spot that was attacked by Muslims.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    I bet you are a great fisherman R13.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    Quote Originally Posted by collegetrumpet2010 View Post
    They might have the same rights to build it where they want it. You are right. But that doesn't make it a good idea.

    It's not so much the mosque thing. It's more about how they are proposing to build it on Ground Zero. The towers were attacked by Fundamentalist Muslims. They may have been radicals but they were still Muslims. The fact that they were Muslims is going to stick in the heads of the victims' families and survivors of the attacks.

    It's not a good idea to build a mosque on a spot that was attacked by Muslims.

    It is a mosque thing, this happens really anywhere they try to put one up.

    Madison mosque dispute - WLBT 3 - Jackson, MS:
    Houston suburb angry over mosque plan - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com
    At mosque opening, tensions permeate interfaith gathering - The Boston Globe
    The ones in Tenn. have been esp. bad.
    Proposed mosque sets Tennessee residents at odds | Raw Story

    It would be several blocks away, it's not like they are slapping it up where the WTC's were at. There's just a hate towards muslims everywhere, that's what it boils down to, they get this same reaction every time.

    The spot was attacked by terrorists and horrible people, who happened to be muslims.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member
    Mosque at Ground zero?


    aoa_stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    880
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    If I have read this entire thread correctly, there is only one person that finds this idea to be a good idea.
    I'm not going to voice my opinion on it because it will go in one ear and out the other. The only thing I will say is at some point in your life you have to have some common sense.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    The spot was attacked by terrorists and horrible people, who happened to be muslims.
    Which is why it's really not a good idea to put the mosque at that particular spot. You don't just put up a mosque up in a spot where terrorists who happened to be Muslims attacked.

    If they want to put it elsewhere in NYC then go ahead.

    You bring up other spots that were protested. A mosque at Ground Zero would be protested worse. Nothing against Islam but I can really understand why. It is a slap in the face to have one put there.

  6. #36
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    And I never said it was an idea spot, but they do have a right to put it up there, this wasn't done as a slap in the face and because it will go up there...why not make this an extremely positive thing like it was intended to be? As I've said, this could be a world icon in Islamic/Christian relations, but the argument against it that I've seen is basically "Our terrorists will attack them, I'm just looking out for them." pretty much. When it's just like any of the other places, they think they're all terrorists and they don't trust them, it boils down to that. This could be a hugely positive thing, yet one side won't allow it.

    I don't know why you would understand why? I mean I understand the ignorance towards the religion, so I would expect it, but it's not really understandable why a group of people would be that closed minded...even as far as bombing one of the ones in Tenn. It wasn't done as a slap in the face to anyone, is it when churches are slapped up in foreign countries? Which happens a thousand times more frequently than mosques here.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    And I never said it was an idea spot, but they do have a right to put it up there, this wasn't done as a slap in the face and because it will go up there...why not make this an extremely positive thing like it was intended to be? As I've said, this could be a world icon in Islamic/Christian relations, but the argument against it that I've seen is basically "Our terrorists will attack them, I'm just looking out for them." pretty much. When it's just like any of the other places, they think they're all terrorists and they don't trust them, it boils down to that. This could be a hugely positive thing, yet one side won't allow it.

    I don't know why you would understand why? I mean I understand the ignorance towards the religion, so I would expect it, but it's not really understandable why a group of people would be that closed minded...even as far as bombing one of the ones in Tenn. It wasn't done as a slap in the face to anyone, is it when churches are slapped up in foreign countries? Which happens a thousand times more frequently than mosques here.
    I see what you're saying.

    It just isn't a good idea to put a mosque at a spot where the WTC was brought down in the name of Islam.

    I wouldn't support it if people wanted a church built at the spot of a bombing where the culprits did it in the name of Christianity.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    You may not support it, but I'd bet good money that the same ones that are outraged over this wouldn't be anywhere to be found.


    There were many muslims who were victims in the WTC attacks too. They are victims just like the rest, their families suffered just like the rest, then they have to live with the discrimination all throughout the country like most muslims here. This could be something to be proud and something very, very positive out of the disaster...I don't understand why some don't want that.

  9. #39
    Inactive Member MapleGap's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    I think whats really funny about this whole thread, if R13 went to Iraq or Pakistan and announced here I am, Im American, and doesnt even mention religion, his head is off. Anyone up for plane ticket donations.

  10. #40
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mosque at Ground zero?

    Wow, another ignorant gem, I expected nothing less. Good job!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •